Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My papa strongest!

Omprakash Roopchand Todi
I think writing about my father will be the most easiest as well as the most difficult challenge for me. Here I go...

I thank my buddy Bhumika Patel for going through this write up minutely and pointing the corrections. :) Thanks Bhumi! 


"Apan bhale hi kitne bhi baap aadmi ban jayenge, apne baap ke baap kabhi nahi ban sakte" 


This was a line that bubbled up during one of my brainstorms with my buddies... And we could never agree less to it. 

Whenever I write my name down as 'Vivek Omprakash Todi', I cannot help smiling at the fact that a major portion of my name is actually Him. His sense of humor, ability to honestly convince people for all that is right, to laugh at himself, to give it straight into the face are only a few of the qualities I have inherited from him...

But it's not about what I've inherited from him, it's about those minutes habits of his which contribute to making him the most desirable company to me. Even at his age, he still has that 'thirst' for knowledge. I guess he uses Wikipedia 10 times more than I've done. Not to mention his prior knowledge of the subject, and hence he always knows what he wants from the internet. History has always been his favorite subject, apart from mathematics. And he takes it to the next level by not simply learning about facts about the past but also the psychological aspects of leaders and our ancestors.

His profession is his passion. And yes, every happy man at his age is happy only because they're in love with their work. Though it may be taxing, frustrating at times, it hardly comes out on his face the hard way. Most of the times when he shares his daily experience with us at home, Its difficult to believe that such grave incidents can be narrated so lightly. When he tells people about his profession, He describes it as a profession that's true to his name. The profession of Light.

There are times when I let him and myself down, and here too he sticks to his name and spreads light into the darkness. His favorite tool is faith. Faith he says is the most powerful tool since it can beget all other virtues that u need to be happy. And by experience, I believe him. I believe in him for everything.

He's the one who made me realize how special our last name is, Todi. And those who know me, know how much it matters to me. He's always been and will forever be my ideal. And finally, one line that suits him the best...

"Life smiles at those who know how to laugh at life in the face... "

6 comments:

  1. Todi bhai tussi great ho.......nice one....lols.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Todi... i loved it... very nice... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice one dear :) :)
    u really rock... bt after reading this ur dad rocks more then u :): )
    love u :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very touching :D
    Seriously .. I mean U are a great writer .. but I like the flow in which u put down ur thoughts...
    Nice read !!
    n keep writing ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic...I can see your father smiling...really smiling after reading his son's feelings expressed from a public platform!!! Good job son....

    ReplyDelete
  6. hats off BIG B a serious salute to you very happy to have a big bro like you wid me

    ReplyDelete